Monday, November 16, 2009

I ♥ Faces Entry - "Autumn Beauty"



This week at I  Faces, the theme is "Autumn Beauty". After searching high and low for the perfect setting, I realized how ugly fall is here this year. Luckily, I took this picture of Carter at the Fall Festival on our last trip to New York...






Today, I went to the camera store and ordered a bunch of new stuff...I am hoping to make money taking pictures very soon, so I got everything I needed to do so. My prized possession of everything I got is my Tamron 18-270mm lens.



In my opinion, it is the Rolls Royce of wide angle lenses!! I also got a 50mm at the urging of some friends...for portraits. I got my studio light kit and a few other accessories as well. Hopefully, I will have it all by this time next week! Fingers crossed! Then its watch out Carter-man...the mom-arazzi just hit the jackpot!


A miracle occurred yesterday...my lovely mother-in-law sent us an early anniversary gift and saved the day...




With our financial situation, we were thinking we wouldn't be going to the New Moon premiere at all. But now, we have our tickets and they are safely tucked into my wallet...snug as a bug in a rug! Steven and I are actually going on a date!! I am thinking I will make a nice romantic dinner Thursday evening since he will probably be hunting in West Virginia on our actual anniversary (next Thursday). Seriously...it can't come fast enough! We are both huge Twilight fans and we're so excited about the premiere!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Jen said...

What studio lighting did you end up with? I am hoping to go do the same thing soon and just can't settle onto something.

Jen said...

Oh...and I love the photo..It made me want to say "Whatchu lookin' at"

Candi said...

i got this one...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/48839-REG/Smith_Victor_401403_K6RC_Home_Portrait_Tungsten.html

Jen said...

Thanks! I added it to my amazon wish list for Christmas...I think though I am going to have to give in and get it early though.

Trish said...

Yay for a new camera and movie tickets! It's funny- you live really far away from me (I'm in Georgia), but there is a sign that I pass on my way home from work that says Candi's Photography, with a local number. It makes me think of you every time I pass it.

Candi said...

OMG! Someday soon, I hope!! Thats my dream!

Joyeful said...

Exciting! I would be jumping for joy over a lens like that, too! One of these days... : )

Your little boy is adorable!

Kristina said...

Cool! What kind of camera do you shoot with?

Candi said...

i have a canon rebel xs.

Taylor & Krisa said...

I just started the New Moon book yesterday. I had to have a hiatus after the Twilight movie totally ruined me on the series for a while. Bella the actress totally gets on my nerves! You'll have to tell me if this movie is better.

Kristina said...

I'm thinking of getting the canon xs, but I was also looking at the Nikon D3000. Seems like you are pleased with the canon?

Candi said...

i haven't used the nikon at all, but i really love my xs...it hasn't failed me yet!!