Monday, July 21, 2008

Still BLUE!

We had our 2nd trimester ultrasound today. We still have a BOY! He is the most adorable boy ever, too!! See...



Steven and I have also decided not to name him Noah. We love the name, but I am so afraid that he will end up in a class with 3 other kids named Noah. I guess I didn't realize the popularity of the name until I was more aware of it. We picked the name out when we were in high school, so there wasn't much discussion on it recently. We were watching "The Bucket List" this weekend and Steven goes "I really like the name Carter." I absolutely agreed. So...after much debate, we have decided that our baby boy will be Carter John Butchino. I promised him today that we will not confuse him like this ever again!! I guess its better to change his name now, rather than after he is born!

Anyway, the ultrasound was so fun. The sonographer had to poke at him for awhile, but he was moving all over. It was breath-taking. Then the doctor came in just to double check that everything looked good physically (which it did) and he goes "Whose lips are those??" LOL, Steven goes "Hers!" It was funny...but I do have big lips! Its amazing to see our features on his face. I want more ultrasounds!!

So...everything is normal and looking good. I was informed that the lady who did my very 1st ultrasound gave me the wrong due date. My real one is December 19, which makes me 18 weeks and 3 days, not 17 weeks and 5 days. Anyway, just that much sooner that my boy will be in my arms! I can't wait!!

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

But you did IVF, they should know your exact due date, right?

He is adorable! I love the name too. I say feel free to change his name as many times as you want before he's born!

sara said...

Love the name Carter! You pick good names because I liked Noah also - good choices. I'm so glad you had a good ultrasound. The fact that they can see such detail, like the lips never ceases to blow my mind. It is all so amazing, isn't it? Thank you for sharing the pictures with us, you got some great ones especially the one with the hand up near the face :-)

Morrisa said...

I agree, I am now finding out just how popular the name Noah is. But we picked it our long ago so I think I will stick with it, if Doozer is a boy. Love the u/s pics!

Sully said...

Woo hoo - due date buddies! Congrats on your ultrasound, and Carter is a great name.

Tina said...

I LOVE the name. Cherish this time. The first baby is such a special time. Don't get me wrong all children are an amazing blessing and miracle but that first baby is so life changing. When little Carter comes into your life the whole world seems so different.