Monday, July 28, 2008

It's all in who you know!

I had an OB appointment today. Steven was unable to get off work, so my cousin went with me. She is a Labor & Delivery nurse and works with my OB. The appointment was pretty standard. Lots of questions and then we heard Carter's heartbeat. I love that sound!! I have to go back on Thursday to Fetal Diagnostics to have my cervix checked. I was kinda concerned because I am nearly 20 weeks and still haven't had it done. I just want to make sure that my body is still doing what it is supposed to. So...back to the hospital Thursday, then another OB appointment in 3 weeks.

Now for the exciting news! My cousin was working L&D yesterday and one of her patients had a doula. My cousin complimented her on the way she treated her patient and they started talking about the doctor (who happened to be my OB). From there, they began talking about me and my situation. The doula said she would love to meet with me, but that she is booked for December. She told my cousin that she is sure her partner would love to be my doula...for free! I am super excited!! We have to call her and set up a meeting, but Steven and I already discussed it and we are pretty sure that we will take her up on her offer. I will keep you posted!!

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow, that is awesome!

Tara said...

I would LOVE to hire a doula but simply cannot afford it. They can run anywhere from $300 - $750 here.

That's kickass that you've been offered doula services free of charge!

sara said...

This is great news! How exciting - it's nice to have a hook up, you know? Thanks again for emailing me about my question. I'm just starting to look into things and I'm sure I'll be drilling you for your opinion soon. So thanks again, I really appreciate it. I've never worked with a doula, but I have heard phenomenal things about them. Sounds like you may have found a great situation - and that is awesome :-)

Tina said...

I was a L&D nurse(high risk) in my previous life before triplets. I have worked with some Doulas and for the most part they are FANTASTIC.

I am so happy she is doing this for you free of charge. She has a kind heart. What a blessing