Thursday, July 3, 2008

A great big "Thank you!"

I wanted to post to show my gratitude to all of our soldiers that risk their lives every day for people they have never even met. Before this war began, war was just something that happened a million miles away...something that I was never really directly affected by. This war is much different. My little brother just got back from Iraq and will be heading back out shortly. On his first deployment, he was shot in the leg by an AK-47 after being in Iraq for only a few hours. Thank the Lord, he made a full physical recovery after a few months. He went out knowing that he could be hurt or killed, but did it anyway...as many others do. I respect them with all of my being and I am so proud of all of our soldiers. So, to all of you out there fighting, and to their families...THANK YOU!

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. While you're grilling and enjoying fireworks with friends and loved ones, slip in a prayer for all those who can't be here with us.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Beautiful post! Happy Fourth of July!

JW Moxie said...

Thank God your brother is okay, and I hope he continues to be. Happy 4th to you!

s.e. said...

I appreciate the gentle reminder. It is easy to get wrapped up in the family time, celebrating and forget what the long weekend is for. I am sorry it has hit so close to home for you and I will keep your brother in my thoughts.

sara said...

I am so glad that your brother is okay and I want to thank him for all that he is doing for us. Happy 4th of July!