Thursday, June 3, 2010

An update on life...

It seems like it has been forever since I last posted. Things have been very very crazy. Right now, we are in New York at my mother-in-law's. Steven's uncle was killed in a motorcycle accident last week, so we came to be with his family. He was a wonderful man and was taken from us way too soon...it is so unfortunate to see all that he left behind, but at the same time it is such a comfort to know that he is in heaven. 

As for me, I am doing much better. Thankfully, the antibiotics worked and we were finally able to get rid of that nasty infection. I had the PICC line removed on the 24th. That was honestly one of the most painful and annoying things I have experienced. Not being able to move freely or to pick Carter up was just awful. Now, we are just trying to keep the infection from coming back...which could lead to me having the PICC put back in. Lots of prayer is needed.

This weekend is my 10 year high school reunion. Since I was the class VP, I had to do a lot of the planning  for the event. I am still a bit behind on a couple things, but I am going to try to get everything taken care of this evening. I am very excited to see how everyone is doing. I bought a long black dress that kind of makes my baby belly stand out...no sense in trying to hide it!! The irony of the situation is that I lost about 10 pounds right before I got pregnant...because I wanted to look good for my reunion!! Now, I suppose I am allowed to have a big belly! 

We will be going back home on Sunday. I am sad to leave everyone, but can't wait to be back in my own house. Monday I will be going to pick out my new truck so we can get the lift (so I can drive from my wheelchair) put in...hopefully the modifications will be done before Brooklyn arrives. So much to do...so little time! 

Have a good weekend!!
Photobucket


4 comments:

Erin said...

your getting a new truck and whats a lift?

Erin said...

Opps sent that too early!!

Sorry about his uncle and it is great that you guys can be there for his family.
I am glad you posted something . . you have been missing for awhile!

Candi said...

Yeah, I need a new truck. Mine has 108,000 miles and it is about ready to die on me! I need a lift so i can drive from my wheelchair.

Stacemoe said...

Thanks for the update...have been thinking about ya'll...praying for Steven's Uncles family....
I am glad your infection was gone and you were able to have the PICC line removed!!!! Praying for no more infections!!! So excited about the Truck...that is awesome!!! Have a great time at your reunion..and I am sure you will look adorable...can't wait to see pics!!!!