Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Date Night: Eclipse Premiere

Steven and I were able to go on a much needed date last night. We went to the midnight showing of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. We are really both into it, so it was a lot of fun. The movie was excellent and psyched us up even more for Breaking Dawn. Its nice that we were able to get out for the night and enjoy some time by ourselves.

The traditional "in the car before the movie" shot!

Tomorrow is our town's big "Mardi Gras" parade and the beginning of the 4th of July festivities. I was asked to judge the parade, so that should be interesting. Actually, my mom was asked, but volunteered me because she wants to be able to watch the parade with Carter and help him catch the candy and prizes that the floats throw to kids. Last year, he slept through the entire parade, sirens and marching bands included! 

Friday is Kids Day at the Mardi Gras so we will bring Carter down for some games and rides. It will be so much more fun this year since he is bigger. I am really excited to see how he reacts to the whole thing.  I remember going to Mardi Gras as a kid...it was the highlight of the summer. I hope he likes it, too!

I hope you all enjoy the food, fireworks, family, and festivities this weekend. Be safe and have fun!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Erin said...

cute picture. You look pretty :) I can not wait to see it and I can't wait for the 4th of July.