Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

We have already had an eventful weekend...and it isn't even over yet! Thursday was the annual Mardi Gras parade. Carter really liked it. I thought he might be afraid of the sirens on the firetrucks, but he wasn't. It probably helped that they were throwing candy out to the kids! He had a big bag full by the end of the parade!


Friday was Kids Day down at the Mardi Gras, so we brought Carter to ride some rides and play some games. He played games last year, but wasn't big enough for any rides, so I wasn't sure how he would react. Let's just say its a "no go" on the rides! My mom took him on the carousel and he flipped out. It was certainly an experience. Maybe next year!


Carter has a new obsession...Elmo! We were in Walmart the other day and he kept saying something that we didn't understand. "Ulmo! Ulmo!" Steven turns to me and says, "Can...what's he sayin'?" I had no idea. So, some guy walking by goes, "He's saying Elmo." Of course, I was thinking, "Thanks a lot sir...but I think I know my own kid...and he doesn't know who Elmo is." So, we went on our way and ended up buying Carter a Buzz Lightyear action figure, which he loves. We also got him a booster seat for the table because he is a little Houdini and can escape his high chair. Anyway...so we get home and grabbed a toy with Elmo on it..."Ulmo". I felt like a total jerk! He was saying "Elmo" at Walmart! So, I immediately put on Sesame Street and he was riveted! He kept saying "Elmo...Dorothy!" So, this morning we went to the pet store and bought him a little goldfish, which we named Dorothy. He loves to watch her swim...and its adorable hearing him say her name!


We are off to our family cookout today. I hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July!
Photobucket

1 comment:

sara said...

Brynn loves Elmo too :-) She is currently taking her nap with my tickle me elmo that is like 12 years old. I got it when I was in France my senior year of high school and it giggles with the french equivalent. Too funny.

Carter looks so cute in those photos. Poor guy getting freaked out by the rides. I think Brynn would be the same way. Hope you have a good week and get a break from all this heat ((hugs))