Sunday, December 20, 2009

When it rains, it pours.

Life has been quite a series of unfortunate events lately...and I really need to vent. It started in October when Steven lost his job. Totally 100% out of our control, but it happened. After that, everything else just went downhill. 1st came the shut-off notice from the gas company. Thankfully, we were able to pay that off. Then came the shut-off notice from the electric company, which we are taking care of now. Bills are adding up and we are just trying to make ends meet...but it is not easy. Thankfully, I am making money here and there with my photography, but by no means is it supporting us...yet.

Another really big issue has been the relationship between Steven and my mom. Living in the same house, they get very annoyed with each other. For instance, Steven doesn't like the way my mom leaves dirty dishes and doesn't offer to watch Carter so we can have time to ourselves. And my mom doesn't like Steven being unemployed and not doing a ton around the house or the way he talks to me when we argue. We are very stressed...we can't always be nice to each other, although his temper can absolutely get the best of him if he lets it. I am not by any means, claiming my innocence...when I am pushed to a certain point, I push back. Either way, their feelings toward each other are really hurting me. Maybe they don't realize it...or maybe they don't care. They won't sit down and talk about it. Instead, they just tell me how much the other one is doing wrong.

Do I realize that my husband is not pulling his own weight when it comes to keeping up with housework? Do I realize that his priorities are off a bit? YES.

Do I realize that my mother leaves her dirty dishes on the counter and coffee in the coffee pot every day? Do I realize that she isn't helping as much as she should be? YES.

Can we move on now? Can we please just get along? Please??
Photobucket

5 comments:

Trish said...

I'm realy sorry that things are not going well right now, and I'm glad that you have this outlet that you can use to vent. I hope that things start to look up really soon!

Erin said...

I know that its hard. My husband and I struggle all the time as I work full time as a nanny, and have been putting in anywhere from 20 to 30 hours a week of extra work with photography. My husband doesn't think that I do enough, he doesn't think that he should have to do more housework. He believes that him working his one 32 hour work week while i work 50 plus hours, spend 90% of the time with out daughter and am pregnant! I COULD KILL him on days, but I do what I can to help make ends meet. We don't always pay our mortgage on time, or every bill on time but we try. Times are hard right now and we just have to stay positive. I will continue to think about you guys.

Lora said...

It's SO difficult when two people you love don't love each other like you love them - you feel so caught in the middle. Family meeting may help....

Mrs. Spit said...

Hi Candi:

I tried to find an email address on your blog, to send you a private message, but I couldn't.

I saw your note on Jen's blog, and as a mum whose child died, I wanted to say thanks, I thought it was great of you to comment.

I'm not sure if you realize it, and I bet you don't, but when you suggest that heaven is very lucky to have a child, it can really hurt parents whose child has died.

Even if our child has died, were just like most parents, and we'd much rather our child was with us, and not in heaven.

It's great to say "I'm sorry" or "thinking of you".

Thanks, Mrs. Spit

Unknown said...

Mrs. Spit,
From a parents point of view I could not imagine losing a child or come even close to knowing how hard it would be to deal with such pain.....But, from a religious point of view, Heaven is very blessed to have that baby up there.... I do not comment on my wife's blog very often.... but when I am on here I see that most of these women have turned to the Lord in these hard times. Which raises the question to me.... Are these people really Christians or are they just turning to MY GOD when they are looking for an answer. I just want to leave by saying a TRUE Christian knows that is a good thing for a baby to pass because God has a place right in the front row..... a Non Christian always asks why? Let God do his thing, after all he did create all of us and I cant wait until the day comes when he comes back for all of us Christians.
P.S. the intention of this comment was not to make anyone angry with me or start a debate... It was with the intent of opening everyone's eyes. May God bless you all and I hope you all a very Merry Christmas!!