Sunday, May 31, 2009

God Blessed The Broken Road...

We are back in NY this weekend. My dad was having his annual deck party on Saturday, but got called into work, so he had to cancel. Last week, I read my essay in church and promised I would sing this Sunday. We decided to come to NY anyway...the congregation would have been crushed had I not sang. For some reason, they enjoy it when I sing, LOL. It is my gift...the least I can do is share it. As a "part 2" to my essay, I sang "Bless The Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. It is a very special song to me because Steven and I chose it as the 1st dance at our wedding reception. As my life continues to unfold, that song just keeps playing over and over. I had a rough road, but God certainly knew what He had planned for me and I am so blessed. I looked over at Steven when I was singing and it brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful for what my boys give to me every day.

We will be heading home tomorrow with our new lawn tractor in tow. Then its back to my wonderful every day life...but now with lots of homework since I started Summer courses last week. I could use some prayers...they always get me through!

I will post new pics and video when I can.

2 comments:

Not in the Water said...

Prayers are coming your way :)

I have the gift of tone deafness. (I play the piano and did so for mass for several years).

I am sure you have a great voice!

Making Babies said...

Hey girl, just wondering where you are? Hope everything is ok..... x