Sunday, May 17, 2009

Diapees n Wipees

We finally broke down this weekend and bought a BJ's membership. Diapers and Wipes are so much cheaper there...not to mention everything else. We stocked up on batteries as well...my camera and camcorder are always dead when I need them. I have rechargables, but sometimes I need a second set...disposable batteries are better for that.

While we were at BJ's, I also got all my school supplies. I can't believe classes start in 9 days! I am just so nervous about how I will handle being a SAHM and a student. Please pray for me. Luckily, only 2 of the 4 courses I need to graduate are offered over the summer. So, I will be taking "Mass Media and the Law" and "Programs, Programming, and Affects". They shouldn't be too difficult. Then, next semester, I have 2 general education courses and I will be a free woman!! Yayyy!!

Thursday night, I hit a giant milestone. Steven had gone to basketball, leaving Carter and I alone. After about 1 hour, I started to smell something...coming from Carter's diaper! I thought to myself "Oh no. I can't change him by myself. What do I do?" I did what any mother would've done. I got over the "I can't" and I changed him...all by myself! About an hour later, he pooped again...so I changed him again!! This is such a big deal because it was the only thing my disability stopped me from doing for Carter in the past. He was so good and so patient with me. I am proud of us both! Now I know we can handle anything together!!

Here are a few recent pics of the Carterman...

Eating Foofa.

He loves trying to feed himself.
Here he is after applesauce and a cookie.

Before his 1st walk in the stroller.

After his first walk in the stroller! Knocked out!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

OMGosh!!!! He is getting so big. I can't believe that he is getting so big. What a cutie pie!!

Keeping you in my prayers!

Hugs,
Lisa

Patty said...

I've been reading your blog for quite a while now, but this is my first comment... I've been enjoying watching your journey from afar, and seeing your little man as he grows. Good for you for overcoming sooo many obstacles (even though one of them made you have to change a poopy diaper - blech!). Your Carter is certainly a lucky little boy.

Lauren said...

High five for changing the poopy diapers! And another for getting ready to finish your degree! Makes me want to commit to starting my master's degree.....

Not in the Water said...

I am so proud of you for changing his diaper. I know it had to be tough!!! Good for you and your I can do at 'tude!! :0)

Not in the Water said...

**Meant CAN DO IT 'TUDE!

Taylor & Krisa said...

Congrats on the diaper change! What a great feeling!

Tina said...

Way to go Momma there is NOTHING you can't do. You really do amaze me. I bow at you feet!

You are a shining example of a dedicated Mother who surpasses anything placed in front of her!

What a strong role model you will be for your little man.