Monday, February 23, 2009

Carter's Dedication

We had Carter's dedication ceremony in NY this weekend. I was so proud of him. There is no feeling like that of dedicating your child's life to the Lord. We felt like it was important to do it at our church in NY because that is our true church family and we couldn't ask for better people to help us raise Carter in the word of God. We were married in their presence and it just seemed natural to take this next step with them. It was a beautiful ceremony and I will post pics as soon as I get them off my camera.

My mother-in-law took Carter to have professional photos done on Saturday. Here are a few of my faves...






Aren't they amazing?! As a gift to us, she purchased a wonderfully large package that should be here in a couple weeks.

We just got home a little while ago, so we are getting ready to hit the hay. I just fed Carter at 11:30...he never woke up to eat on the way home and hadn't eaten since 4:00! I am curious to see if he sleeps long tonight!

6 comments:

Making Babies said...

Oh wow!! Carter looks so "grown up" in those pics!!! Where did your little baby go?? :) Congrats on the dedication! x

Stacemoe said...

So did Carter sleep through the night??? Your little Man is so precious and I love the pics!!! His smile just melts my heart. Can't wait for the pictures from his Dedication. He is blessed to have you for parents!

Lisa said...

OMGOSH - I love his smile and how precious!! He is really growing fast.

sara said...

They did such a great job with those photos! I love them and it sounds like the dedication was a wonderful experience! He is growing into quite the heartbreaker :-)

Heather said...

Candi,

You guys have a handsome man on your hands! I think I may have found my future SIL! LOL... I hope all is well. I dont know how and or where to find our friends from BBC but send my well wishes or send me a link to them!

Heather

Tina said...

He has a smile that just melts your heart. What a wonderful day. I think ke looks like you!