Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm Pregnant.

It is just so weird to say!

Now that we have had some time to sort through our emotions, I can tell you all more about what went on here yesterday. I was just kinda speechless at first, and needed to let everything sink in before I could really say anything at all.

For the past few days, Mandy had been picking on how bloated I have been. She kept asking when I was supposed to get my period, but since they aren't regular anyway, I wasn't really concerned. She was right, though...all week I was really really bloated and uncomfortable. I just figured my period was on its way or something. We started talking about how Steven and I got a sitter for this weekend and how I would hate myself if I drank and it turned out I was pregnant. We have not been doing the Clomid or anything since Steven lost his job, but we haven't been "not trying". We have been infertile for so long, that we just assumed that we couldn't possibly get pregnant ourselves. We figured that is how it would always be...and we were beginning to be OK with it.

So, I grabbed a leftover test that I had from our round of Clomid in September. I dropped the urine into the little hole and tossed the test onto the counter like I always do...I am very used to this process. Pee, wait, look, throw away. It is almost automatic. About 30 seconds later, Mandy goes, "Candi? Candi?! Candi!!" I had already began preparing to straighten my hair, so I wasn't looking. I looked over and saw two lines on the test. My first reaction was, "Nope. Its a false positive...it has to be because I am infertile!" Meanwhile, Mandy was shaking! She started running around, then hugged me, then asked if she could go get Steven, who had just put Carter down for his nap. I told her to go ahead. Steven came in and I flashed him the test. His response?? "Isn't that test from the Dollar Store?" Oh, my dear jaded infertile husband...I love him! We asked Mandy to run to Walgreens and grab a digital CBE. She of course, ran out the door and was back before we could turn around! I took the digital test and it came up "Pregnant" right away. We were shocked and speechless! Steven was as far from me as possible...his face was white as a ghost. All he could say was, "How did this happen? I don't have a job." I reassured him that everything would be ok. We have a lot of time to prepare for this baby. And we have saved everything of Carter's so we could use it again.

After the initial shock, we were absolutely ecstatic! Once again, we have beaten the odds!! God has been so good to us. We have a wonderful marriage and friendship, a beautiful little boy that we couldn't possibly love any more, and now we have been blessed with this miracle!! Once again, I am honored that He thinks I am worthy of this job. And I couldn't be more excited to become a family of 4!!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Erin said...

I love the story and I am so happy for your family. I hope everything goes smoothly for you this pregnancy. I will be thinking about you :)

Football and Fairytales said...

OH WOW!!! How exciting! I got chills when I read this--we will be praying for you guys! CONGRATS!!!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats Candi!! Things always happen for a reason : ) I am sure everything will work out just fine for you and your hubby.

Hugs,
Lisa

Stacemoe said...

Candi, I am just so happy for ya'll!!! What AWESOME news!!! God is so good!!! His timing is perfect and I know you know that. I am sure He will provide and open doors!!!
Congratulations!!!!
So Exciting!!
Keeping you in my prayers!!

Making Babies said...

WOW!! A huge congrats to you guys! Have a wonderful pregnancy! xox

Beth said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SO excited for you guys!!!

Kelly said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy you guys beat the odds!

Trish said...

I'm so very happy for you and your family! Congratulations :)