Friday, January 1, 2010

Mommy's Weekend Alone...Carter's MANcation

I am officially alone for the weekend. Steven and Carter went on a MANcation to NY...well, actually Carter will be spending the weekend with my mother-in-law while Steven shows his BFF the town where he grew up. I was very uneasy at first about letting Carter go. I have never spent a full day away from him since he was born. I was at the NICU every day when he was there. The longest I have ever gone without seeing him is overnight. After thinking about it, I thought it would be fun for Carter as well as a nice relaxing weekend for myself. I can get Christmas decorations down and get the house back in order. Not to mention it is healthy for us all. I know he is with his grandma, who I fully trust...and I know that Steven will be around, too. The hard part will be making it from now until Sunday evening when my boys will be back home.

Please pray for my sanity...and safe travel for the two most important people in my whole world.

Now...what to do?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Trish said...

A whole weekend alone??? I can think of lots of things I would do. My first order of business would be to clean out the closets and watch whatever I wanted to on TV!

I hope that you have a great weekend and that you are able to relax a bit and can sleep at night. I think sleeping would be the hardest part for me!

Hayley said...

WOW...enjoy your time alone. I'm sure you are going to miss your sweet little prince, but how nice to have some "alone" time! Enjoy your weekend!