Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Master Bedroom Makeover

Two Christmases ago, my mom gave us a "bedroom makeover" coupon. She bought us a comforter set and curtains, and made us a headboard. Since she works so much, she has not had a week's vacation to do this since she gave it to us. This week, she is off of work and she finally finished our room today. I wish I had before pictures, but the state of our room up until today was not something I would've ever taken pictures of. It had only primer on the wall with many scrapes and scratches. Nothing matched and there was no color scheme what-so-ever. It was the only room that we hadn't redone since we moved in...even our bathrooms have been made over in the past 3 years. We are just the kind of people who worry about ourselves last. I tried my best just to keep the door closed when company came over and not show it on the "house tour" when we showed friends and family our home. Now, I no longer have to do that...



My mom is the best!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Jen said...

How did she make the headboard? That is on my list of things to do and something I want to do very soon!

Candi said...

She took a piece of plywood, 2 1x2s, and a piece of thick foam from walmart as well as fabric with a little bit of stretchiness. spread the foam out over the plywood, then pull the fabric over tightly and staple it to the back. nail the 1x2s to the back where you can screw them into your bed frame. she said it cost her less than $20. :)

Erin said...

How great, what a nice gift to get!! Our office is in a major need of SOMETHING!! Love the colors :)

Tina said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! Your Mom is the BEST!

Tara said...

Looks great! I love it!

Stacemoe said...

It looks AWESOME!!! How fun!! And your Mom totally rocks!!! You are blessed!!! :)

Hua said...

The new room looks so good! I love the colors.

Best,
Hua
Director of Bloggers
wellsphere.com