Sunday, January 17, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

Nothing new has been going on. Steven's brother and cousin stayed with us for a week, which was fun. We did lots of 4-wheeling, sledding, and general goofing off. Now, we are just taking the weekend to wind down and get our house back in order. I was able to borrow Angie for a photo shoot before she left. Here are a few photos from that...




Speaking of photos, I had a total idiot moment the other day and deleted all of my photos. I thought I was just deleting client photos that I had backed up onto a flash drive, but I somehow deleted every picture I had on my laptop. Thankfully, I have only had this computer for about 6 months, so most of the pics of Carter's 1st year were not lost. Between facebook and my blog, I am OK, but I am taking extra precautions from now on. Tomorrow, I am buying a Time Capsule. I looked at other external hard drives, but the thought of having to plug it in and backup all my files every time I upload pictures made me nervous. What if I forget? I have a MacBook Pro, so its not like I'd be leaving it plugged in at all times. I would have to remember to do it every day...not happening. The Time Capsule is wireless and works with Apple Time Machine, which automatically backs up your files for you. Perfect for someone as scatter brained as me. Its on my agenda for this week.

Last night, we went to our friends' house and had dinner with our pastor Ken and his wife, Shelley. It was very nice. Lots of great food and fellowship. It is so fun to go over there and watch Carter interact with their girls. I can't believe that he now goes off and plays with other kids...it seems like just yesterday that he would stay in my arms for hours. Now I can't keep him near me for more that a few seconds if other kids are around. He is so grown up!!

We filed our taxes and should be getting our return tomorrow. It seems like it is already gone. We have to catch up on our bills, pay off our TV, get a new TV stand, get a new bed, get Steven a cell phone that works (he dropped his and has a huge crack on the screen.)...and a million other things. With Steven being unemployed, we have to use this money carefully. Paying off our TV will be a big help because that is $150 more per month that we will have for other bills. We have been in dire need of a new bed for a long time now, but it just isn't a priority...so I am very excited. A good night's sleep will be very nice! I may not want to wake up!

I forgot to post this, but Carter has a new obsession...and it has definitely blown Gabbas out of the water. Well, not the TV show...he still loves that, but we no longer need to make sure that there is a Brobee in every room in our house. Carter has discovered balls. Mostly little basketballs, but really any ball will do.  He walks around saying "ball! ball! ball!" and always has one with him. He will not even sleep unless he has a stuffed ball in his crib. The other night, I bought him a 3-pack of Cleveland Cavaliers softee basketballs. Those are his fave. He takes one everywhere he goes. I'm sure you will be seeing lots of pictures!!

Well...a dirty kitchen awaits me. Wouldn't it be great if the dishes washed themselves?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin said...

Do you use paper for backdrop or what do you use? I just ran out of my pink paper and I need to order more soon! Great photos :)

Tina said...

I have missed reading your blog but I am back and looking for to reading all the silly stuff Carter is getting into.

I hope hubby finds a job soon I know how stressful that must be. At least your taxes can help some.

I think I would have had a HREAT ATTACK if I had though I had lost all my pics. I think your plan sounds great. Your Photos are always soooooo amazing. I will have to find you on FB.