Saturday, January 2, 2010

DIY.

After the initial $4,000 spent on my MacBook Pro, camera, and software...then the $2,000 spent on lighting, lenses, and random studio odd and ends, I am now in "DIY mode" to finish my studio. Let's just say that the money tree has wilted. Anyway, I still have to hang backdrops and get reflectors for natural light photography.

Today, I went to Lowe's and bought a 4x8 piece of white foam board insulation and 4 shelf brackets and made a large reflector. Normally, these things cost a pretty penny...but not here...not today! I made this bad boy for about $20!! Amazing!!



This week, I will return to Lowe's for 2 metal plant hangers and a piece of PVC pipe to hang my backdrop. In theory, it will work like a charm.

Oh yeah...and I am still going crazy without my boys...literally counting the hours until they are home. They'll be on their way tomorrow afternoon. Please pray for nice weather and safe travel for them. By this time tomorrow night, they will be back in my arms, right where they belong.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Looking good! And doesn't it make you feel great knowing you made it and saved a ton of money! I'm wanting to know all about your photography stuff, so I'm going to have to shoot you an email! It's something I really want to do but don't really know where to start. Just curious!!!

Candi said...

i am still a beginner, but i'd love to chat about it!

The Undomestic Mom said...

How fun! I cant wait to see it all finished!