Monday, March 11, 2013

A Little Overwhelmed

Every year around this time, I get really overwhelmed. The weather is getting nicer and I start to realize that its time for Spring Cleaning. Ughhhhhhh...I love once its done, but I hate doing it. There are a few things that I can't do on my own, so I have to ask for help, which I kinda don't like to do. I would rather just do it myself, at my own pace...on my own terms. I think that's the most overwhelming part. No matter how long I've had to get used to my disability, I don't think I'll ever be ok with depending on others for things I'd much rather do by myself. Either way, its the hand I've been dealt, so my mom is going to come over tomorrow and help with some of the more difficult things. Hopefully we can team up and get it done and over with in a relatively decent amount of time. Then I can breathe!

I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday. That's another thing I've been up to in the 8 months I've been away from blogging. Before Steven and I got married in 2006, I went to the dentist to have a few cavities filled. I had a really bad experience...the dentist drilled and filled an entire tooth when I could still feel it. Even when I said something, he told me "You're ok. You're doing great." So, from then on, every time my 6 month cleaning time would roll around, I made excuses why I couldn't go. This went on for 6 years. My front teeth were in great shape, so you couldn't tell anything was wrong...but my molars were a mess. My wisdom teeth had started breaking and I was in a lot of pain. I finally couldn't take it anymore and I found a dentist in my area that specializes in a "Pain-free experience". Even though I was terrified, I bit the bullet and made an appointment. I am so glad I did. My first appointment lasted 4 hours and consisted on extracting 3 of my molars on my left side (2 were wisdom teeth) and drilling/filling anything else that needed it. Then he put temporary bridges over the left side so we could finish them at a different time. The next week, we did the right side. Then I went back in for 2 root canals. I still need 2 more, but they can wait, since they are protected by the bridges. Wednesday, I will have the temporaries removed from the bottom on both sides and have permanent crowns put in place. Then I can go back to get the top done...then I'm done for good! All of this pain and discomfort just because of one bad experience...how dumb?! But I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel now that my mouth is healthy! And I won't lie...being on the laughing gas is never a disappointment!

I got my van back on Saturday! It looks awesome. Not only did he fix the damage from Walmart, but he also put new clips in my door panel (which has been broken since I got the car.), repainted the ramp cover underneath, and fixed a scratch from a door ding, which I got about a year ago when a cart hit it in (none other than) the Walmart parking lot. It looks like a brand new car on the outside. Maybe I can get my mom to help spring-clean the inside for me while she is here!

OK...I'll leave you with a video that just melts my heart. We went to a friend's 30th surprise party and I caught this video of Steven and Brookie dancing.


I am blessed beyond measure...no matter how overwhelmed I may get.
Photobucket

No comments: