Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our New Life.

We are adjusting to being home as a family of 4. Although it is slightly more stressful, I wouldn't have it any other way. This family is my dream come true. I prayed for a life just like this and I have been blessed with a husband a 2 absolutely beautiful children. God is good.

This weekend has been a bunch of firsts for us. Yesterday, Steven and I took both kids outside. I put Brookie in the BabyBjorn and he played with Carter. We're going to have to be on our toes at all times now that we each have one to keep an eye on. Although Brooklyn doesn't move around yet, having her strapped to me via wrap/sling makes me a little less mobile. Especially while I am healing from the c-section. My incision is actually completely closed, but rules still apply! I am feeling better every day and hope to be back to 100% very soon.

Today was Football Sunday at our house. We had a few friends over and they brought their kids to play with Carter. Steven made pulled pork and we had chicken wing dip...I kept saying "Maybe I'll have a beer.", but never ended up doing it. I haven't had a drink since January...one beer will likely knock me out! I did enjoy two Cokes...and they weren't caffeine-free! I know, I'm living on the edge.

Here are a few photos of Brookie that we've taken since we've been home.


And here are a couple from Steven's phone...
Photobucket

4 comments:

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Glad everyone is well! She is beautiful Candi.

Mike and Dee said...

So precious! Congratulations!

Hayley said...

she's so stinkin' precious. and i think she looks just like carter in the nicu pic you have posted on your sidebar!

Stacemoe said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL family!!!!! Brooklyn is precious. I am so happy God has blessed your beyond measure. Enjoy every second!!!
Praying you are back to 100% soon.