Saturday, September 4, 2010

6 More Days!

I'm still here. I'm still pregnant. I am very uncomfortable and still contracting at least once every 5-10 minutes, but as of Tuesday, I am only 2 cm dilated. We are going ahead with our plan to do the amnio on Thursday around noon, then if Brooklyn's lungs are mature, she will be born Friday. I will get my arterial line and epidural in the morning, then my OB will take me to the operating room and attempt an external aversion to get Brooklyn to go head-down. If successful, I will be moved to a delivery room and get started on Pitocin. If she does not turn, I will stay in the OR for a c-section. I am praying that she turns. This is my last baby and I would really like a wonderful birth experience.

We have really turned on the jets as far as getting everything ready for Brooklyn's arrival. All of her clothes are washed and hung up, diaper/hospital bags are in the car, car seat has been installed, and we pick up her nursery furniture on Tuesday. By Tuesday night, we will be 100% ready to bring her home. It will be so weird if she comes home from the hospital with us. Carter spent 15 days in the NICU. I keep forgetting that Brooklyn will more than likely be discharged when I am. God is good.

So, my goal at this point is to make it to Thursday, then the party will begin! Both Steven's mom and my dad are coming in from NY on Friday, so I am praying all goes according to plan. We are truly blessed.

My mommy gift from Steven, Carter, and Brooklyn!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Girl, those 6 days are going to FLY by! Enjoy your last few days as a sweet little family of 3! Keeping my fingers crossed that she turns so that your wishes come true!

Stacemoe said...

Thanks for the update! LOVE your necklace!! Praying that everything goes smoothly and you get the birth you want. Can't believe she is almost here!!! Can't wait to see pics! Ya'll have a wonderful time as a family of THREE these last few days!