Saturday, November 16, 2013

We are Thankful

Last week, Carter brought home a giant feather that had to be decorated for the "Thankful Turkey" at school. We were supposed to do it together, and he was supposed to write some of the things he is thankful for on it. So, we went to Pat Catan's and bought some feathers, stickers, and markers, then went home to decorate. I gave him the marker and told him to write what he was thankful for, and if he needed help spelling, to ask me and we would sound it out. Mind you, he's only in preschool, so I figured he would need a lot of help. He asked me for help spelling "toys" and "trucks". I couldn't believe it when I saw everything he didn't need help with! He wrote "mommy", "daddy", "Brooklyn", and "dogs" without me! How sweet and smart is my baby?!


Yesterday, Steven and I had to go meet with Carter's teacher for his fall progress conference. It went great. He is meeting and exceeding all standards and she said he is a joy to have in class. I am so proud of my little guy! He's only been in school for 2 months and he has come so far already. The sky's the limit!

Brooklyn is still doing amazing with her cheering. They are gearing up for their first competition at the end of January. They are working hard to learn a new routine. I'm sure they will be amazing!


We put away all of our Haloween decor this week and now I'm in the process of begging Steven to agree to help me put up our Christmas stuff. He's not budging. Ugh! He thinks (along with most of the rest of civilization) that it is too early. I think he's a Grinch! 

Tonight Steven is having a guy's night and I am watching movies and relaxing by myself. Both kids have colds, so I'm expecting them to be awake for another dose of medicine pretty soon. I hate when they are sick...but it's all part of being a mama. So, for now I will just be waiting with a warm cozy lap for them to snuggle up in. 

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: