Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Other Half of Me

Sometimes I wonder how Steven and I even keep it together. I mean, we have 2 kids, a home, he works as much as he can since he's our bread-winner, and a lot of the time we are just so tired at the end of the day, that we maybe get an hour alone together. But it just works…we make it work. I have been trying to figure out how we do it and I think I figured it out…iMessage. No, seriously. We constantly text each other if he isn't home. Sometimes there's a specific topic, sometimes I just need to vent about the craziness that goes on when he's not here…and sometimes its just complete nonsense! We joke around a lot and I'm sure we get each other in ways that nobody else could. But really, he's the most amazing friend I have ever had. I am so blessed to have him to keep me from going absolutely insane. I can certainly tell you that our marriage isn't perfect, but its comforting to know that we are strong enough to overlook the imperfections and just be happy with what is.

See…I told you. iMessage.


I know I've talked a little about this in my "About Me" section, but Steven and I got together when he was only 16 years old. I was 2 years out from my accident and still really wasn't comfortable with being in a wheelchair…I always felt different. Even though he was way too young to take on such a huge change, he embraced me and everything that came along with being with me. In our first year together, we went through things that most couples won't go through in an entire lifetime…and he never even flinched. All of the craziness made us stronger than we could've ever been on our own…together, we can take on the world! I truly feel like I can do anything with him, because I know he will never let me fall.

I just wanted to post a little bit about the other half of me, how we got here, and how we stay here. I am absolutely positive that he is God's gift to me in this world…and I am so thankful.

How about a little throwback?? Let's do Senior Prom! I was sooooo excited when I found these!



I love you more today than yesterday…
but not as much as tomorrow.
Photobucket

No comments: