Saturday, November 9, 2013

Another 4 Months...

I don't know what my deal is! I vow that I'm going to be a good blogger, then I go 4 months without a post! Well, here I am again! This is what my kiddos look like now...


Brookie just turned 3. Instead of a party, she chose to do a pageant the weekend before her birthday. It was a "Back to School" theme. She rocked it! She got her highest scores ever and was double crowned! She won Overall Photo Supreme and 0-4 Dollface!





Brookie recently made the decision to take a break from pageants so she can do competitive cheerleading. She is on a team of kids under 8 years old and is the youngest/smallest one. But that doesn't stop her! She is so determined and I love watching her!




Carter just had his 5th birthday. He is in preschool and is learning so much! He went from not being able to spell his name or recognize letters to this in a matter of 2 months...


I'm one lucky mama! Anyway, to celebrate Carter's birthday, we pretty much needed an entire week! The weekend before, we made a trip to NY for his party. Carter and my nephew Kaleb have birthdays 2 days apart, so we let them share a party at our favorite apple orchard. It was cold and rainy, but we had fun!


That weekend, we decided to give him his gift in NY, so that he could enjoy it with his cousin...




And Brookie and Kaleb didn't get left out either!




It was a great weekend! Sunday, we headed back home. The next Tuesday was Carter's actual birthday, so I ordered 2 dozen robot cupcakes for him to take to school. Unfortunately, I didn't get pics because I don't drop him off. :( But he said that they were a huge hit and that everyone was so excited! 

That Thursday was Halloween! It was a terrible, rainy night, but we braved the weather and went trick-or-treating anyway! We only got to the end of one street, but they ended up with 3/4 of their buckets full. So, it was a success!




As for me, I finally got the new wheels for my chair that I had been fighting for since before summer! 2 weeks ago, I was able to go to Target by myself, with no help, for the first time in 14 years! I haven't stopped since then! Its an amazing feeling not to have to ask your children to help you up a ramp...and being truly alone is a feeling a can't even describe!! I have so much to be thankful for these days!!

Steven is still working a lot. His OT hours got cut back quite a bit due to this being the slow season, so we are just trying to budget differently...not easy! Right now, my goal is to get a good amount together for Black Friday shopping. I save so much money each year and the gifts aren't getting any less expensive! We are blessed that we have everything we do, which is what I keep reminding myself going into the holidays. Its so easy to become taken in by the spending and the worrying about how we will do it all. I need to remember that my children are always watching and listening...so I have to be sure that I am showing them what Christmas really means.

Well, that's where we are now! I am hoping I can find more time to blog more because I truly do love it! 4 months is way too long!!


No comments: