Monday, June 27, 2011

We Love Organics!

I haven't posted recently about home made baby food. This is mainly because I haven't had much time on my hands since Steven has gone back to work. I have been slacking on things in that department...but Brookie hasn't suffered from it! Although I am not making the food, I am still feeding her all organic. 

I have learned a lot about shopping for organics and what products are (in my humble, motherly opinion) the best. As far as baby food, when I cannot steam my own fresh (or frozen) foods, I use Earth's Best.




Not many baby food brands offer all of the diverse combinations that Earth's Best does. I went shopping 2 days ago at Walmart and picked up Pumpkin & Apples and a few different Fruit & Whole Grain Combinations. I really like that I can give Brooklyn all of the different tastes that I would if I was making the food myself.

Another money saving quick organic food that I give her is just plain unsweetened apple sauce. I usually either buy the store brand or Musselman's.
Snacks are a bit harder to find. There aren't many organic snack foods that are soft enough to give to a 6-9 month old. I recently found that my local Babies R Us has an excellent organic foods section. The baby food is much cheaper at Walmart, but they have lots of snacks that no other stores carry. Right now, Brooklyn loves the Plum Organics Super Puffs as well as the Organic Mum Mum cookies.




I plan to continue giving Brooklyn both fresh and jarred baby food. I know she certainly enjoys it either way!! Eventually, I hope to go completely organic for the entire family. 
Photobucket

No comments: