Thursday, December 16, 2010

Organized Chaos.

A lot has been going on, but I have been too busy to talk about it. With Christmas around the corner, my mind is going a zillion miles a minute.

On Thanksgiving Day, my precious first-born (dog) Bailey, went to go live with a new family. We were in NY, so I made my mom send him off. It was easier for all of us. The decision to let him go was very hard for me. Bailey and I had a bond that was unlike and normal pet/owner relationship. He saved me. After my car accident, he gave me a reason to wake up every day. When we got Bianca, he turned into a hermit pretty much. She was always chasing him and pouncing on him. He began escaping to random hiding places just to get away from her. When Carter was born, any amount of attention we had went straight to caring for a newborn. Bailey was certainly not my 1st concern any more. As Carter got more mobile, Bailey was even more scarce. He hid to escape the hair-pulling and "hard petting"...or slapping (call it what it is.) that he received from him. Even though Carter will soon be out of this rough stage, we have Brookie who will be just starting it. I just felt that Bailey deserved better. He went to live with a family who has a 9 year old little girl. He is their only dog...which is just what he would want. I miss him terribly, but I am 100% sure that I made my decision in his best interest. 

Things with the kids are adventurous as always. Brooklyn is smiling and cooing like crazy. She now plays in the excersaucer and jumperoo. Carter is...well, he's 2! Everything he says and does is either really funny or time-out-worthy...and really funny. He talks so much. Yesterday, he broke of piece off a wooden threashold by our back door. He gave it to Steven and goes "Aunt Breanne did it." which is funny because Aunt Breanne lives 5 hours away...and hasn't been to our house since Carter was only a few weeks old. He really needs to learn to start blaming stuff on his sister. 

Carter is also now officially in a toddler bed! We decided to re-try it over the weekend and he is doing wonderfully. Now we are working on potty training. We are trying our best not to push it on him too quickly, but at the same time we want to keep reminding him that we have a goal. We got him a box of Toy Story Pull-Ups for Christmas...lame, I know. We are hoping he will take an interest in wearing them. 

Well, now its time to get down and dirty and help Steven clean this house. Yes, my husband cleans...and cooks...and cares for our kids. I love him and would die without him!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Candi, your comment about the 2 year old behavour is spot on! This age is so much fun I will be asking for my padded cell very soon. LOL. Love the idea of pull up for christmas.

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://www.thebutchinofamily.net/) would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Morrisa said...

Hey there! I know we talk on facebook but I wanted to let you know that I started a new blog in case you were interested in stopping by: http://morrisasmommyadventures.blogspot.com/