Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving and Brooklyn's Dedication

We went to New York for Thanksgiving. We had a great time with my in-laws...lots of food, family, and football! It was really nice to spend time with everyone...especially my new nephew Kaleb! It had only been a couple weeks since I had last seen him, but I missed him like crazy!!

It was an early night on Thursday...we needed all the sleep we could get. It was an early morning on Black Friday! We had to be out of the house well before dawn to get in line for the good deals. My mother-in-law and I split up...I headed to Walmart while she headed to the mall. I immediately got in line at the Photo Center and waited over an hour for a point-and-shoot camera. Then I had to go directly to jewelry, then to toys. I was able to get most of the items I had hoped for. After Walmart, we met up at the mall and did some shopping until lunch at the Olive Garden. From there, we went to KMart before calling it a day. It was fun...but not for the weak of heart!

Getting an early start!

A few hours into the day.

My own salad at the Olive Garden!

A long, but prosperous day.

We had Brooklyn's dedication this past Sunday. We had it done in NY because that is where our church is, as well as Brooklyn's godmother Dianne (or as we like to call her, "Diz".) We didn't have a huge celebration after the service...we are planning to do that after the holidays. With Steven out of work, we need all of our extra money for our family's Christmas...and I must tell you, the Lord provides. 

Brooklyn and Diz






I always enjoy our trips to NY. In Ohio, my kids see my mom very often. Although I am sure she will tell you it isn't nearly enough, I am glad that they get to be together as much as they do. When we go to NY, my mother-in-law always has plenty of fun stuff planned...she makes sure that the kids (and us adults!) never have a dull moment!






We are home now and are trying to get things ready for Christmas. Now that I have kids of my own, this is such a magical time of year...and it only gets better with each passing year. I love all of the traditions we have started. For example...each year on Christmas Eve, Carter and I make and decorate our own "T'was the Night Before Christmas" book, then read it before bed. For the past 2 years, I kinda ended up doing them myself, but this year he will be able to color and paste some of the pages! I am looking forward to this year very much!




And here are a couple more...just because my children are so adorable!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Stacemoe said...

Brooklyn is getting so big and is too cute. Glad ya'll had a great time in NY...and YES the Lord does provide!!! So evident in my own life with my husbands unemployment. Hope ya'll have a great christmas!