Monday, December 6, 2010

Growing up way too fast.

I cannot believe how fast Brooklyn is growing. She loves being up and about...she's pretty nosey. So, yesterday I had the idea of getting out the excersaucer so she could enjoy things on her own. It brought back memories of Carter as a little tiny baby. It was so cute how he wanted to show his little sister how all of the toys worked, as if he remembered from when he played in it!






I went to the Eclipse release party at Walmart with my mom on Friday at midnight while Steven stayed home with the kids. We waited in line for a bit and I got to answer some quiz questions...which I obviously got correct, LOL! Then we decided to do some Christmas shopping. I got Carter all done that night. I also bought the kids a copy of "The Night Before Christmas" so we don't have to make one. We will continue reading it on Christmas Eve as a family tradition. I also bought the kids matching PJs to wear that night. So cute! Anyway...at the release party, I was given a lanyard with stickers and temporary tattoos in it. So, we did what any good parents would do. We put them on our 2 year old.

It's a bit smudged, but it seems as though my 
baby has joined the Wolf pack! Oh no!

Oh wait...he's changed his mind...
He is now a member of the Volturi.

Now my little string bean is flexing his muscles.
He is one buff, but confused Vampire/Warewolf!

My mom watched the kids on Saturday while Steven and I went to Kohl's and Babies R Us to finish up the last of our shopping. Brooklyn is just about into 3 months clothing, so we got her some new dresses and sleepers. We also picked up a play mat, some wrist rattles, and new pacifiers...she didn't take well to the Tommee Tippee pacis that I was trying to transfer her to. But when we were in NY last week, my brother-in-law's dog, Koen, ate the only Gumdrop pacifier we had with us, so my sister-in-law loaned Brookie one of my nephew's Soothies. Although they didn't work well for Carter, Brooklyn loves them. So we got her some of those and some of the new Pampers pacifiers. She isn't too sure about them, but they are a lot like the Gumdrops...only I don't have to order them online and wait a week to get them. At the rate that we lose pacis, its hard to do it that way. So, either way we are good. If she doesn't like the Pampers, we have Soothies as back-ups.

Last night, Steven and I began the wrapping process...YUCK! It is my rite of passage as their mom to do the wrapping, but my disability makes it all the more harder. Luckily, my husband is so helpful. We still have about 15 gifts left of the kids', then its onto other family members' gifts. It is a pain, but I love being a mom at Christmas time. It puts the magic back into things. I am totally excited for what's to come!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, they are so freaking cute!!! My SIL and I are both going "Awwwww!"