Wednesday, August 4, 2010

31.

Monday was 31 weeks. My water has not broken, so I guess we are on the right track. I am still having contractions, which can get very scary at times, but so far they haven't been regular and I am not in too much pain. Thank you all for your continued prayers...only 6 more weeks until our induction!

Carter has a nasty cold right now. Last night was awful. He woke up about an hour after we put him to bed. He was screaming and coughing really bad. We went in to get him and he started throwing up sticky mucous. He ended up choking a bit because he couldn't get it all up. It was very scary. I slept with him on the futon in the playroom. He threw up one more time after that, but then slept as well as he could for the rest of the night. He seems to be feeling a little bit better today, so I am hoping that he is on the road to recovery.

I am still waiting on my new minivan. It is paid for and everything, but I am waiting on the dealer to install the remote starter and DVD player, as well as the hand controls. They should be calling me any day to fit my wheelchair to all of the parts. After that is finished, I am good to go! I am sad and excited at the same time. On one hand, who wouldn't be excited to get a brand new car? My life will be so much easier and I will have my independence back. But I will also miss my Escalade. I've only had it for 5 years, but it has been a big pain in the butt ever since. Every time I turned around, something expensive had broken. As a matter of fact, I have a blown headlight right now. A new bulb will cost $100. I am waiting right now because we really don't have the extra cash...we just try not to drive at night. Nonetheless, it is a beautiful car and I always felt gangsta while driving it. But, then again...


Who says a minivan isn't gangsta?
Photobucket

3 comments:

Stacemoe said...

Love that video...saw it for the first time a few weeks ago...so funny!!! Glad you are doing well...praying for less contractions and at least a few more weeks of pregnancy!!! :)
Also praying sweet Carter is feeling better soon...so sad when they are sick. Hopefully you both get a full night's sleep tonight.

Tara said...

I'm thinking about getting my left arm tattooed so that I can hang it out the window of my minivan (should I ever be lucky enough to get one) so everyone knows just how badass I am... ha ha...

Hang in there, mama.

Lora said...

LOVE that video - so funny! Hope Carter is feeling better. My husband is sick, sick, sick too - but it's so difficult for a little one!!