Saturday, August 7, 2010

False Alarm.

Yesterday when I woke up, I could tell it was going to be a rough day. I was contracting from the moment I got out of bed. I tried to move around a bit and get my mind off of it, but I kept looking at the clock. My contractions were about 3 minutes apart and I finally told Steven to grab my hospital bag. We put Carter down for his nap and my mom stayed with him while we went to the hospital. They hooked me up to the monitor and let me go for awhile. The contractions were not regular at first, but after a bit, they were steadily 2 minutes apart. I was freaking out. I am not even 32 weeks along yet...I am not ready for another NICU baby. I assumed that they wouldn't let me go anywhere and that I would either be admitted to L&D to be watched or I would be delivering right away. The doctor came in to check my dilation and my cervix was soft but closed. I spent about another hour on the monitor and they came in to check again...still closed. Apparently, my body is handling the contractions well and I just have to deal with them for now. God is definitely watching over Brooklyn and me. 

Monday I go back to the doctor to have my cervix checked again. My doctor will also be giving me betamethazone injections to help mature Brooklyn's lungs, just in case she decides to come early. Next Saturday, I will be 32 weeks 5 days, which is when I had Carter. I will continue progesterone injections until I hit 36 weeks, and we will induce at 37 weeks, which is the week of September 13th. I am praying that these next 5 weeks go by quickly and that I get the birth experience I missed with Carter. I will be getting my tubes tied, so this is my last chance. I am excited and nervous about what will happen, but I know I am in good hands and that I trust my body to give me the right signals so that I know when enough is enough. 

My mom and aunts are throwing me a "Baby Sprinkle" on the 21st, so I am really looking forward to that. For the most part, we have what we need, but we had to start over with clothes since everything we have is blue. I am 100% determined to go to the party as a pregnant woman! I just have to take everything one day at a time and stay stress-free and relaxed. Lots of prayers are needed and very appreciated!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Stacemoe said...

Glad sweet Brooklyn is still safe in your tummy!!! Praying for several more contraction-free weeks! :)
You are amazing Candi and will do great. I pray for God's perfect timing and safety for you and Brooklyn....and yes, you WILL be pregnant for your shower!!!!
Thanks for the update..hang in there girl!

Erin said...

I am glad that your body is handling the contractions. Hope things are ok now and that you and her are doing well. Thinking about you.

Tara said...

Thinking of you and hoping all is well. Hang in there, Mama! You are a tough lady and you'll get through this.

sara said...

So glad it was a false alarm! But I'm sorry you had to go through that worry - you poor thing! I hope that the progesterone does the trick and that the next few weeks fly by! You are such a tough cookie and you're always an inspiration to me :-)

Holly said...

Stumbled across your blog (searching for boppy covers and gumdrop pacifiers lol) from a google search. It was a nice visit and we have due dates close together. My EDD is Oct 1st. Oh, and I live in Ohio. :)