Monday, July 26, 2010

More Summer Fun

We have been soaking up all of the nice weather this past few weeks. We spent a few days at my aunt's pool and we have been outside a lot. Steven and I had a date night this past Saturday. We went to watch our friend's MMA fight. It was outside and very, very hot, but we had a good night...with the exception of a few bad contractions. I guess I should be expecting that to happen, now that I am in the home stretch.

I started contracting about a week ago. They can get pretty hard, but I am handling them well. My water is not broken, which is a great thing since it broke at 31 weeks with Carter. I had a doctor's appointment today and he did my glucose test as well as my Group B Strep test. He checked my cervix and it is still closed, thank God. I have been getting really nervous about having this baby. Last pregnancy, exactly 7 days from today, at 31 weeks, my water broke. 2 weeks and 5 days from today, at 32 weeks and 5 days, I delivered Carter. It was an unexpected and awful experience which I have no recollection of. Carter and I almost died that day, and I am praying that things go differently this time around.

For now, we will continue to enjoy this wonderful summer. Steven's birthday is this Saturday and my BFF Kelly is planning a weekend visit as well. It should be a blast! Here are a few pictures from the pool and the MMA fights...


Photobucket

3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy almost Birthday to Steven! And what fun you three look like you had in the pool. Very pretty earrings in the other photo too- I guess @ the MMA fight. Good wishes for a healthy & happy delivery!

Stacemoe said...

Ya'll are seriously too cute!!! Glad you are having a good summmer and praying peace for you over these next few weeks.
Praying for protection over you and sweet Brooklyn during the birth.
Enjoy these last few weeks as a family of THREE!!!!!

sara said...

Here's to some quiet contraction free weeks ahead! You look fabulous by the way! I am thinking of you and your little girl and praying for the safe arrival of everyone home as a family of four :-)