Friday, July 9, 2010

Car Shopping...FINALLY! And a Baby Update!

I have been going insane for months now, unable to drive my Escalade. My hand controls fell off...yes, I said fell off, in the grocery store parking lot and I have had to rely on others to drive me in my own car when I need to go somewhere. Not to mention the fact that the wheelchair lift has been broken since last fall. The company that made and installed it is no longer in production, so I have been unable to have repairs done on it.  I am done with custom modifications and refuse to ever drive hundreds of miles to get my vehicle serviced ever again!

I went car shopping with my mom on Wednesday and I have decided to go with a...wait for it...mini-van! Yes, I am officially a soccer mom, LOL! I have always been the first to say "Eew...I'll never drive a mini-van!" That was until I looked at one and thoughts of how easy life would be started running through my head. Seriously...having 2 or more kids should automatically qualify you for a "Free Mini-van" coupon. And best of all, it has a totally perfect automatic ramp and I can drive from my wheelchair. It also helps that it is half the price of a custom modified SUV. I would be a complete moron not to be excited!! 

I chose a silver 2010 Toyota Sienna and I will have it in about 2 weeks...if all goes well. It has to be customized a little bit, to ensure that my wheelchair will fit properly. I am biting my nails waiting to get a little independence back!

On to the baby update...we had (what was supposed to be) our 3D Ultrasound appointment yesterday. Brooklyn is measuring perfectly and looks great. She is weighing about 2 pounds, 3 ounces. I wish I had some awesome 3D pics to share, but our stubborn little princess was head down and facing my back, so other than confirming that she is indeed, a girl, we couldn't see much of anything. I took the plunge and signed all of the paperwork for my tubal ligation. Delivery is way too dangerous for me being paralyzed. I have a family to think about and I know they need me, so we have decided that Brooklyn will be our last baby. I am OK with it and absolutely know that it is the best decision for all of us.

In lieu of baby pics, please accept a belly shot from fireworks night.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Hayley said...

what a cute little baby bump!!!! congrats on the new car...i bet you are excited!

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

That is a cute baby belly!!

Stacemoe said...

You are just precious!!! Too Too Cute!!!
I am so excited for you about the new car!!! How exciting...I know you will be happy to have your freedom back.
Thanks for the update!!! Cant wait to see Brooklyn!!!

Amber said...

I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say congrats on your 2nd baby. You are such a pretty girl and have an amazingly cute belly bump! You make mine look humongous!

Lora said...

Congratulations on the new "wheels" and Baby Brooklyn doing so well. You look adorable!

Tara said...

You are just gorgeous and your belly is adorable!

Totally jealous about your mini van. I also thought I would NEVER drive one but I now find myself really really wanting one. Have fun!

sara said...

You always look perfect in your photos! Not a hair out of place or any weird facial expressions or food on your face, LOL! I love your perfect baby bump as well :-) So glad the car is coming along. It's got to be frustrating to not have things in working order when it's items that are essential like that. Yay for freedom!