Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ultrasound #2...just another miracle.

Yesterday, we had another ultrasound. The baby was measuring right on track and we finally got to hear the nice strong heartbeat! It was wonderful...especially after the little bit of bleeding I had. It definitely eased my mind!

When the doctor on call came in to check things out, he noticed that there appeared to be an extra sac of fluid. No baby, but he referred to it as a "bonus sac". I joked that I could certainly use the extra fluid since my low fluid issues with Carter were what landed me in the hospital the first time. He asked about my last pregnancy and I had explained to him all about the premature labor due to my T-shaped uterus. He continued looking at the screen and said, "I don't see any signs of a uterine abnormality at all." It is very possible that my last pregnancy stretched my uterus back to a normal shape. The miracles keep on coming! This is huge because it may mean that we will not have an "early eviction" this time since the baby will have more room to grow! We are praying hard that my body will keep this baby in until our goal of 36 weeks. That is 4 weeks longer than last time. I would be so thankful for no NICU stay. That was very hard and I cannot imagine doing it with another child at home.

Here are some pictures of yesterday's ultrasound...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Erin said...

I am so glad things look great, and I really hope you dont have to have another nicu stay with the little man at home, its not fun and it is really hard to balance the two.

Thinking about you :)

Hayley said...

So glad to hear that you appointment went so well! And congrats on another miracle...that's great news!

Tara said...

Great news, Candi!

Paige said...

I am so happy to see great things from your appointment! I started reading you blog about a week ago and forgot to follow! I am so glad that I found it again!

Heather said...

Congratulations! Wishing you an uneventful rest of your pregnancy!