Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm going to be an AUNT!

I am so excited!! Steven, Carter, and I went to NY for the weekend and found out yesterday that my brother-in-law and his wonderful wife are expecting their first baby!! She is due 4 weeks after me. I couldn't have asked for a better preggo-buddy! As you can imagine, my mother-in-law is over the moon! She has 2 grandkids on the way!

Our weekend was so much fun! Friday night, we went to the Casting Crowns concert at Roberts Wesleyan College. Our seats were awesome. Caleb and Kutless were the opening acts and they rocked!! Crowns was great...duh!!


While we were rocking all night, Carter spent the night at my dad's. So, Saturday morning after we woke up, we went over there and spent the day. We had chicken wings with my dad's famous buffalo sauce (my fave) and had a bunch of friends and family over to play Wii. 

During our Wii bowling tournament, I noticed that my dad, Steven, and Carter were missing. About 20 minutes later, my dad comes down the stairs and says "Now, don't be mad...because he looks really cool." Steven walked down the stairs with Carter and his new haircut.


After my initial freak-out, I realized that it isn't that bad. I mean, at least now I know none of the other babies will mess with him...because dudes with mohawks are tough! 

Sunday morning before church, we had a little scare. I had a little bit of bleeding...the same bleeding that I had at 7 weeks with Carter. There was no cramping or pain, and it had stopped before I even realized it started. I called my doctor this morning and he told me that it happens sometimes and that he isn't concerned. I just have to take it easy. I have an appointment on Monday so hopefully we can sneak another peek at this little one! I can't wait!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Congrats on being an Aunt. I love Carters hair it's too cute.

Erin said...

How fun to be an aunt. I love being an aunt just wish they lived closer! Love his new do :)

Tina said...

Sounds like a wonderful jam packed weekend. Congrats AUNTIE!!! How fun to have two little ones so close in age.

Carter looks so cute and YEA he will be the toughest kid on the block!