Thursday, June 18, 2009

Clear the Roads!

I accidentally ended up at BRU today while shopping for Steven's Father's Day gift, a gift certificate to the tattoo parlor. (I am impatient and gave it to him already, LOL!) When he told me about the place, I thought he said it was on Rt. 20...well, I drove about 15 miles going 30 mph. on Rt. 20 and couldn't find it. Then I remembered that Steven's friend Rick went with him when he got his last tattoo...but I didn't have his phone number. So, I called our old roomate Casey and he gave it to me. I called Rick and he told me where the tattoo parlor was...nowhere near Rt. 20! I was about 20 minutes away and not even in the right town. I should listen more carefully. This time my awesome communication skills cost me 1/4 tank of gas.

While I was waiting for Casey to call me back with the number, I figured we'd browse in BRU for a bit. I had Carter with me, so we tested the walkers. He has a walker, but even on the highest setting, his torso can hang over the top of the seat if he leans forward. That and the fact that if he stands up in it and leans forward, he is able to get his foot up into the seat. I spaz out when he does it. I am so afraid he'll fall out. We also have to watch him because he can reach to the end of the tray...if he gets too close to any of the furniture, he can pinch his fingers. When he does, he screams bloody murder. Not good. Anyway, I bought him what is, in my opinion, the perfect walker. It raises much higher than the old one, and he can't reach to the end of the tray to pinch his fingers. As an added bonus, it has the coolest toys attached to it! They move and play music! He loves it...and I totally loved the price. Most car-type walkers are around $100...this one was only $55 after my 15% discount coupon! Totally awesome buy for any of you mommys looking for a good quality walker.

Carter's new ride! A Jeep Liberty Renegade!!

"Yeah, I'd like a number 1 with no pickles..."

Looking for a good place to go off-roading.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

He's adorable in that car!

sara said...

So freaking cute!

Mike and Dee said...

Wow - I can't beleive he will be 1 in 4 months!! That's crazy! My 3 will be 7 months on the 28th and I'm still amazed at that. Sad that time is flying by so quickly though. I haven't put the triplets in walkers since our house doesn't have room for one let alone 3! Hope school is going well for you.