Sunday, April 26, 2009

2009 March for Babies

The walk was great! There were thousands of people there, many of them with beautiful preemies of their own. All together, we were able to raise $330 for Team Carter!! The walk was 4 miles...all of which my wonderful lovely perfect husband walked, pushing Carter and me. I swear the thing was uphill both ways! Did I say that my husband is awesome?? The walk went right through Browns Stadium...and that could set a Steelers fan on fire...but he did it nonetheless! Carter slept for about 1 mile or so. Maybe I should've slept, too! Anyway, we had a blast and we are very proud of ourselves. I got very emotional because many people were there in memory of their babies...we were there in honor of ours. It could've been the other way around and I am just so thankful to God for giving Carter the strength he needed to survive. I am so blessed and proud to be his mommy. We will be making this walk a family tradition every year.

Here are some pictures of the day. Steven also got video of me crying but I am not posting it. He thought I was crying because Kmart raised $17 million, but I wasn't. I was just having an emotional moment because a little boy walked by wearing a shirt that said "In Memory of My Twin". That was very sad, so I started crying...at the same time the emcee announced that Kmart had raised $17 million. Steven is sticking to his story...I'm sticking to mine ;)

Getting ready to go into the ampitheatre.

Team Carter 2009

Me and my preemie!

Now do you see why we call him "Mini-Me"
He is a spitting image of Steven!

I just love those big blue eyes!

My big boy!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Cute! What a big boy!!!

Lisa said...

What great pictures. I just love the shirts!!

Erin Fulton said...

love the pictures!, love the kmart story. i laughed out loud. husbands can be so clever :)

Angelwingsbaby said...

Wow looks like you had a wonderful day!!

Sue Z said...

What an awesome thing for your family to do! You have your success story but you work hard to try to help others have theirs! I love it!!

Unknown said...

I too walked this year for MOD - I lost my triplet boys this past October nad November. Born at 18.5 weeks and 21.5 weeks. We walked in honor of our 3 angels. We formed a Team Angel Jaggears and raised $5620.00! We were very proud of our team this year. It was very difficut for my husband and I so I know how you feel. We are from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area so we walked at the walk in Ft. Worth. You can read about my journey and our MOD walk if you would like

www.mylife.ericajoyce.com

We will being IVF AGAIN starting this summer!

Mike and Dee said...

Great pictures! I am so proud of you three for doing the walk. Thank you!