Thursday, June 5, 2008

To the left, to the left...ovary.

My left ovary hurts. (I'm pausing so you can feel bad for me.) Anyway, ever since I began stims, my left ovary has burned. At first, it was constant. After awhile, it became less frequent. I still have days here and there where it hurts so bad, I could scream. So...I have self-diagnosed myself. It is mild OHSS. No, really. I knew it from the beginning, but refused to tell Dr. A because I was terrified of a cancelled cycle. After my beta, I was just too excited to worry about it because it seemed to be getting better. Now, I think I am going to come clean to Dr. S at my next appointment...just to make sure that it isn't serious.

Today was crap. We woke up today to a flat tire on our only vehicle. Steven went to get the spare out from underneath the truck and it was stuck. He assumed it was because of the lift that I get on to drive from my wheelchair. I waited until the lift manufacturer opened then called. Apparently, they had nothing to do with it...but our spare would not come off. So...we were stranded until my friend Katie got here. She took Steven and the tire to Walmart and he had them patch it. He missed the whole day of work. Ridiculous! I hate my car!!

I need to go somewhere and woo-saaaaaa until I am calm! BREATHE!!

6 comments:

Morrisa said...

My ovaries still hurt after the OHSS. You might want to make sure that they aren't toally huge and that you haven't twisted anything. I hope you feel better!

alisa said...

You know, with my pregnancy that worked out, the ovary that I had ovulated from hurt like the dickens. Every time I coughed or sneezed or stood up too fast it felt like my ovary was going to pop. More like an intense stitch in my side though...

nancy said...

Wouldn't the OHSS have "fixed" itself by now? I don't think fluid could hang out that long.

I had hardcore OHSS (9 lbs of fluid buildup overnight) and my body was able to reabsorb it all within about 3 weeks.

So be sure to get an u/s to get that checked. Maybe you have a cyst which is totally normal to have while pregnant. They can be quite painful. Good luck!!!

Not in the Water said...

You bad girl...not telling the Doc about your OHSS. But I probably would have done the same.

And that sucks about your car....flat tires suck!!

sara said...

Owww, sorry about the left ovary and the car. That stinks. Crazy thought, but did they ever look closely with the ultrasound at that ovary recently like since you've been pregnant? Two weeks ago, the tech was just way too far over to the right and said "Did you know you have a ginormous cyst on your right ovary?" It wasn't there following our IVF, or when I had my OHSS. It's 6cm, which it way bigger than my ovary itself! That explains the pain I've had on the right side over the last month, because my uterus has shifted midline and is still way to my left. (My unicornuate uterus causes me to carry the kid to the left until later in the pregnancy til things shift more midline - another freaky thing.) But I didn't know that cysts could pop up way after our pregnancy like that. Maybe that is you case? I know nothing, and I could be way wrong. But maybe we're similar? Either way, hope you're feeling better soon!

Fiddle1 said...

I hope that you are feeling better. You may not feel up to it, but apparently I had to tag folks, so I tagged you. See my post today, on my blog. Take care of yourself!