Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What We've Been Up To...

Wow! Its been 3 months since my last post! That is awful!! But its been a good reflection of how much free time I have these days! Steven started a new job and I decided to try being a Stay-at-Home Mom by myself. Since my car accident in 1999 (which left me paralyzed, for those of you who don't know.), I have had someone caring for me at all times. After my last nurse left in January, while Steven was unemployed, I decided to forgo in-home health care. I just don't feel like I need it. Yes, I am in a wheelchair. Yes, my finger dexterity is extremely limited. But I haven't let my disability hold me back from much...this is no different. If you had told me 2 years ago that I would be caring for 2 young children all day, by myself, while running a household, with no nurse...I wouldn't have believed you. I guess thats what makes me feel so good. They're my children. I should be the one caring for them. I haven't felt this independent and free for a very long time. And I enjoy every moment I have with my beautiful children.
Carter is now 3 1/2 and is Daddy's boy through and through. They look alike, they talk alike, they walk alike. He loves fishing and going outside. The "treacherous threes" are in full swing! One minute, he's sitting watching his favorite show, Team Umizoomi...the next minute he's running around at full speed, screaming, chasing the dog. He loves making funny faces and always tries to make everybody laugh. He has really been the man of the house while daddy is at work. He is always taking care of his sister and making sure mommy has enough cuddles. He brightens my world every day. 





Miss Brooklyn is a mini-mama. I couldn't have pre-ordered a more perfect baby. She is the daughter I dreamed about when I was a little girl. She's girly, dramatic, and loves everything I love. She has continued doing her pageants, which is fun for us both. The most fun we have is practicing her routines. She loves doing it! Most of the time, she ends up forgetting everything on stage, but we have so much fun practicing for it! These days, Brookie is a major chatterbox. She says way more than she should at her age. Yesterday, she told me "Mommy. I want ketchup." I said "OK...with what?" She goes "Ketchup with french fries." She definitely knows what she wants. My beautiful little diva.




So, that's what we've been up to! I will try to post more. I do love blogging. Its a great outlet...that's why I started to begin with. I may take long breaks, but I will never stay away! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candi! I still check your blog from time to time. I love reading them (you are such a great writer) and I love seeing recent pictures of your kids. Wow, they are growing so fast! And they are precious! Congrats on running the show solo during the day! You are so strong! I truly believe there's nothing you can't do when you set your mind to it! Take care!

Liz....from the threads of babycenter.com a LONG time ago ;)

Stacemoe said...

Thanks for the update!! You have a beautiful family and are blessed beyond measure. You are amazing.