Sunday, October 24, 2010

Little of this, little of that.

It seems like my updates are few and far between these days. Life is just so hectic, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Here is a bullet list of what's been going on around the Butchino home! Sorry for the lack of pictures...I accidentally left my point-and-shoot at my dad's. I do have a few from Steven's phone though...


  • Brooklyn had her 1 month well-visit last week. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces. Everything looks great! She is now taking 4 ounces every feeding.


  • Steven shot his 2nd deer of the season. It's a big 8-point buck and it is currently at the taxidermist being mounted. I am very proud of him!


  • Carter has been given most of his birthday presents early because we just couldn't wait! From Steven and I, he got a fish tank, remote control cars, Matchbox cars, and a helmet for the 4-wheeler my dad is having shipped here this week. From my mom, he got a Radio Flyer tricycle, and from Steven's mom, he got his jumpy-jump that I posted about last week. We will still be giving him stuff on his actual birthday, but that is only because I will be waiting until the last minute to go shopping again!


  • After a year of fighting with the flooring company over all of the bubbling in our laminate floors, they have finally agreed to replace them all. We have to choose a new color because the one we have now was discontinued. We are thinking of going for a dark cherry look. 


  • Last night we took Carter to a haunted hayride/festival. We had a blast! Carter went on his very first pony ride and loved it!


  • I got the kids' Halloween costumes from the Disney Store when we were in NY. Carter will be Mickey Mouse and Brooklyn will be Minnie.


  • Tomorrow is my sister-in-law's due date. My very first nephew, Kaleb, should be making his appearance any second!


  • Steven is waiting to hear about a job with the county that he interviewed for. Please keep him in your prayers.


  • Someone broke into my van and our garage this week. Luckily, they were spooked by something and didn't end up taking anything. We called the police and they came and dusted for prints, but we will probably never find out who it was. Lesson learned...we now lock up and leave our outside lights on at night. 



  • I think that about does it! We will be making a trip to NY as soon as my sister-in-law goes into labor, then I will stop and get my camera back from my dad's. I am so scared to use my Canon for personal photos because if it breaks, I have no back-up for photo shoots. No worries...I'll have my P&S back within a week or so!
    Photobucket

    2 comments:

    Stacemoe said...

    Thanks for the update...glad everyone is doing well...also glad nothing was stolen when the person broke in...how scary.
    Hope ya'll have a great week and safe travels.

    Unknown said...

    Brooklyn looks just lovely!

    Have a great trip to see your family and I am glad nothing was taken during the break-in. Must have been scary!!

    Pray all is well for you!