Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Complicated Emotion.

I am having some really weird issues since Brooklyn was born. It actually didn't start until a couple of weeks ago, but it is very intense and I am not sure how to deal with it. I am having major regret and even guilt about having my tubes tied. I really thought I could handle this type of "second guessing" myself...but it is hitting me hard. I know that it is not safe for me to have more children. I know that I almost died giving birth to Carter and that Brooklyn's delivery was a tight-rope walk that could've been fatal as well. I know that I have my "perfect family" with one boy and one girl. So, why am I feeling this way?  I don't know...maybe it will pass with time.

We decided to make a surprise trip to NY to see Steven's family. We are heading home tonight, but had a great time. We did lots of visiting, shopping, and we even went to a petting zoo yesterday. We had so much fun! It was such a fun trip and we are feeling refreshed! Now we are going back to Ohio...just to return within the next few weeks when I will be becoming an AUNT!! My sister-in-law, Breanne, is 38 weeks along and will be delivering my very first nephew Kaleb any time now! I am so excited!!

Here are a few pictures of our trip to the petting zoo. I have some of Brooklyn that I will upload as soon as we get home. It seems like I haven't taken many of her, but I assure you that I will have you on Brookie overload very soon!! Her grandma bought her lots of new dresses and we have some packages waiting for us at home with hats/headbands in them!!









Photobucket

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats on the baby!!! Just stopping by from mommy blogs to show a little love.

Sue Z said...

I'm sure that your post pregnancy hormones are playing a role in the regret that you're feeling. Just ride it out ... you know that you did what was best for your family. Down the road if you really want to expand your family, there's always adoption. I stopped at 2 children for health reasons too. Now they're grown and I "borrow" other people's children to fill my mothering need. :)

*hugs*