Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting back on the horse...

How come the more I talk about having another baby, the more people think I am crazy?? Not my IF/Blogger friends...but people in my home life. Steven and a couple close friends are being very supportive, but others think I am making a mistake. Apparently they forget that able-bodied women get hypertention and have seizures during delivery fairly often. It has very little to do with my disability and can easily be prevented next time around. I refuse to let something like that stop me from living my dream of having a large family. I just wish people would consider that before giving me the hairy eyeball referring to my appointment next week. Needless to say, I don't really care.

Anyway...Steven and I decided to start taking a bit more action on Carter's sleeping (or should I say non-sleeping) habits. He still won't sleep through the night, so we decided to make sure he has everything he needs and shut the monitor off. His room is right next to ours, so if he really cries, we can hear him, but we are trying as hard as we can not to give in. 3 nights in a row and he is doing great. I am very happy that we made the decision to do it. It sucks to let him cry, but it is completely temporary.

Well, I am going to try to get something done while Carterman is napping. Here are a few more new pics of my sweet angel.

He loves trying to feed himself.

In his new bath seat.

Blackmail material...

Napping at our cookout last weekend.

1 comment:

Stacemoe said...

People drive me nuts thinking they can just offer their 2 cents worth about your life choices....Umm..it is your life!!! :) They try to cover it up with "I am just concerned for YOU"...But deep down we know it is them voicing their disapproval. I am glad you are strong and not letting it get to you. Hang in there girl!!! :) My prayers are with you. Oh, and I said it before, but can Carter BE.ANY.CUTER????????