Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Thursday night was Fairport Harbor's annual Mardi Gras parade. Carter slept through all the ear piercing fire truck sirens and woke up to enjoy the rest of the festivities. He amazes me with his ability to sleep through anything! Friday, Steven had off of work. We hung out outside. Saturday, we went to a picnic at my aunt's house and went to the fireworks in Mentor. Carter loved them! We now know that loud noises do not scare him! Yesterday, we spent the day at the Mardi Gras. Carter got to pick a duck and won a prize...it was so cute! He was more interested in the duck than the ball he had won. Steven took him over and let him choose colors on the color game. He can say "poop" now, so we assumed he would pick brown every time, but he picks lots of colors! It was a fun day. Later on, we went to watch Fairport's fireworks with the family. Carter slept through them...but they were very nice!

Today, Steven took the day off to help me. I slept until 10:30!! I am hoping we can go for a walk a little later and maybe do some yard work. We will see what the day brings!!

Sleeping through the sirens!

Mommy and her sleepy head!

The boys comtemplating a chugging contest...
which didn't end well.

Steven and I at Mardi Gras.

Picking colors for daddy.

Picking a duck with Nana.

Sacked out after all the excitement

Picture of Carter and I before fireworks.
(Taken by a 3 year old!)

4 comments:

Not in the Water said...

Candi~

In the pic of you and Steven...I think you look like Katherine Heigl. :)

Great pics!

Trish said...

Yay for sleeping in! I love the pics. Happy first 4th of July to Carter.

sara said...

He is such a sweetie! I love the one of him looking all relaxed ((Hugs))

Stacemoe said...

Hope all is well with ya'll since you haven't posted in a while. Have a great week!