Friday, February 22, 2008

Folic Acid x5!

I got a call from the RE's office today about my mock transfer and bloodwork from Wednesday. Everything looked good, but I tested positive for a folic acid deficiency. Its no big deal, but my body doesn't use folic acid properly. They upped my folic acid from 1mg/day to 5mg/day. They also want me on vitamins B6 and B12. Because this deficiency puts me at a higher risk for blood clots, they also put me on baby asprin. Minor speed bump...but it's all good!!

I'm still fighting for funding. I called yesterday and they told me they had to contact a lawyer to make sure that I am "allowed" to use my money for this "elective surgery". OK, yes...they refer to it as elective as if I have a choice!! Anyway, my mom is on the case now and she is a force to be reckoned with! Their best bet is to give me whatever I want, so nobody gets hurt! I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Not in the Water said...

Hi Candi-
I stumbled upon your blog. I just went through IVF this month...and I wanted to wish you the best of luck getting your funding and getting your baby! :)

Kim