Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Baby Food Recipe #1 and Wean Cubes Review

Brooklyn is now eating solids daily, which means I am a full-time chef. I decided to post every time I make something new and share my recipes. Hopefully, you will find them helpful.

Apples & Pears with Cinnamon

2 Organic Apples
2 Organic Pears
1/4 Cup Water
Ground Cinnamon

Peel, core, and slice fruit and add together in a medium saucepan. Stir a pinch of ground cinnamon into the water and pour over the fruit. Cover pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until you can easily push a fork through the apple slices. Puree in blender to desired consistency. Makes about 4 servings.




Brooklyn says yum!

Last week, I posted about CSNstores.com and how awesome I think the site is. I was able to pick something from the site to review. I chose the Wean Green Glass Baby Food Containers. As easy as it would be to freeze my food in ice cube trays, sometimes I would just like to have it ready to grab, thaw, and feed. These containers are wonderful! They are BPA, PVC, phthalates, and plasticizer free, which makes them safe for baby and the environment. They are leak resistant and made of thick, durable glass with a silicone seal. They are really great for me because the measuring lines are right on them. I can be sure to add exactly 3 ounces of food per serving, which is what Brooklyn eats at a sitting. They are easy to clean and are microwave, dishwasher, and freezer safe. And as you can see in my photos above, they're adorable! I definitely recommend them to any mom who makes their own baby food!

OK...I am off to plan our next meal. Enjoy!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Candi! You probably don't remember me from babycenter, but I keep up with your blog because I just love, love, LOVE your posts! It's great to see how happy you are and how much the kids have grown! So thanks for the updates and the great baby ideas! ;)

Liz