Monday, May 3, 2010

The penis fell off.

No, I am not joking. We had another ultrasound today which revealed that we are not having a boy...we're having a GIRL!!! We knew that last time it wasn't 100% confirmed, but we saw what looked like a penis, so we were convinced. Today's ultrasound was a bit more clear...


Not that I wasn't happy with the thought of another boy, but we all know how badly I was wanting one of each. Needless to say, I cried and could not believe what I was being told. After the ultrasound tech brought in 2 different doctors to confirm that it was, indeed a girl, I was beside myself!! We had a name chosen for each gender long before we even got pregnant. So, I give you...

BROOKLYN ROSE BUTCHINO!!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Stacemoe said...

Yeah!!!! I was hoping you were having a girl, but was happy for you to be having baby #2....so now I am excited that it is indeed a sweet baby girl!!! So happy for ya'll!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Brooklyn!!!! Congratulations again!!!

Hayley said...

How stinkin' funny is that! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are going to LOVE having one of each...and LOVE the name (my middle name is Brooks and you already know that's one of the twins names)!

Erin said...

ha ha that is great :) Love her name!

Tara said...

I won't relay this story to my husband who is afraid of that very thing. He really wants one of each.

Well congratulations on your future daughter! How exciting is that!?

Brandi said...

Congrats!! I love the name.

Christen said...

I love your post title :) Yay for having a girl!! Girls are so much fun! Are they pretty sure the penis won't grow back? :)

Kelly said...

Congrats!!

Lora said...

Awww, congratulations. Two grandsons and then a granddaughter - it's awesome!!!

Trish said...

Congrats! That definitely looks like a girl to me. Both of my girls looked exactly like that, as did my surrobaby, who is also a girl. I can't wait till you get to meet her!

Heather said...

Congrats! Girls are so much fun! Hope you had a happy mother's day!

sara said...

Congrats! That is too funny about the penis falling off! That happened with Brynn too! I love the name you picked out...hope all is going well for you and the family!