Sunday, May 15, 2011

Its been a month, already?

Wow! Seriously, this blog has been neglected. I am so sorry!! I have been hard at work on my photography business and taking care of this crazy family, that I haven't had much time for anything else. Let me see if I can catch you all up...

Carter is now 2 1/2 and he is outside his mind about 16 hours a day. I find myself using the phrase "Are you nuts??" quite often as I am rushing to stop him from doing something disastrous. He definitely keeps us on our toes! He is totally into claymation/stop motion type movies...right now, and for about the past few months, he has been obsessed with Coraline. He quotes phrases in his daily life. It is amazing to me that he remembers so much. We are still working on potty training, but without much luck. I am trying to stay optimistic, but I am desperately hoping that he catches on soon.

Carter was in Steven's cousin's wedding last weekend. What a ham! He made sure he was the star of the show. Steven had to sit in the very first pew holding up a bag of M&Ms just to get him to come down the aisle. He ran directly to my mother-in-law, yelling "Dramma! Dramma!" before he successfully made it up front. Then, after being announced at the reception, he chose the optimal time to show his break dancing skills...during the couple's 1st dance. The flower girl, Ava, joined him.


He had a blast and so did the rest of us! Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Scott Moyer!!

Carter with the MOB, Aunt Becky.

Steven and I with our little ring bearer.

I love him more today than the day I married him.

Onto Miss Brooklyn. She is now 8 months old. She has 2 teeth and is very very mobile. She runs around the house in her walker, chasing her brother. She said her 1st word a couple weeks ago, which was "Dada", but since then, she has not stopped saying "Mama"! I love to hear it! She is our "Ears pierced, toenails painted, glitter loving" girly girl and she gets cuter every time I look at her!




Steven and I have been doing good. We finally returned to being a 2-car family. Steven also got some excellent news last week. After a year and a half of searching, he finally landed an insanely excellent job!! It is swing shift to start, so things will be difficult, but eventually they will get better. I know that I have plenty of family and friends to help if I need it, so that is something I am very thankful for. He starts tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers!

Well, that's about it. I'm off to enjoy the rest of this lazy Sunday with the ones I love. Hope you all had a great weekend!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Great to hear from you! Can't believe that cutie is 8 months already...where does time go? You look amazing as well!

Stacemoe said...

Thanks for the update and pics!!! The kids are adorable as always. So happy about Steven's job!!!
Have a great week!
Ya'll are such a great family.