Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Here we go...

Hello world! Welcome to my blog. My name is Candi. I am 25 years old and have been married to my wonderful husband, Steven, since November 2006. We began trying to conceive right after our wedding and decided to seek help 1 year later. What a mess!! I have a t-shaped uterus, slight endometriosis, irregular periods, and what the doctor thought to be a blocked fallopian tube. I went in for a laparoscopy on December 27, 2007 to assess the "situation". The only good news was that both tubes were open. I am still waiting on Aunt Flo for January to see if the lap knocked my periods back into place. 

I mean business with this stuff! So Steven and I decided, along with Dr. A., that IVF is the sure-shot for us. That's where we are at right now...the first steps of IVF. Mainly paperwork and financial info. 

Which brings me to my next issue. I forgot to mention that not only am I "fertilly challenged", but I am also a paraplegic. I was injured in a car accident in 1999 and broke my C5-7 vertibrae. I have actually been blessed with many things from my accident. One of which is a settlement that was put in a trust account. I can use the money for medical needs, after approval of my bank's trust commitee. Requesting money is a process, but I haven't been let down yet.

So, my mission at this point is to aquire the money (approx. $12,000) for my IVF. I have put together a video request for the trust commitee and have gathered all the information I know they will need. I'm sending everything tommorrow and I will be sure to update my blog every step of the way. 

So...let's get this party started.
-Candi

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi, I found your blog through the Hamm Crew. I am looking forward to reading it from the start. If I can get my Triplets to take a good long nap maybe I can get lost in your blog for a couple hours.

Right off the bat can I just tell you I think you are an incredible person and such an inspiration.