Tuesday, June 10, 2008

OMFG...I live at Home Depot now!

I'm doing good. I am sick today...but I'll live. I ran out of Zofran and I'm waiting for the refill. Its so hot here, which makes the nausea even worse! I'm inside with the central air on. That's where I'll be for the next 6 months...if anyone needs me! I had a massage yesterday, so I decided to shop while I was out. I spent a 1/2 hour in the parking lot at Target hanging out my window...throwing up! People probably thought I was drunk!! I did get a bathing suit, though...success!!

Steven and I had a busy, busy weekend. Friday after he got home, we went to Home Depot. My mom had called me earlier in the day. She works at Walmart and bought us 11 shrubs for our walkway @ 50% off. She said we would have to run out and buy the weed paper and mulch. We bought 5 bags of mulch (what were we thinking??) and came home. That trip was $50. Steven rotatilled and my mom got home at 8pm with the plants. We put them in the ground, layed the mulch...surprise...we came up short...very short!! Saturday morning, we headed back to Home Depot. We got 12 more bags of mulch. Steven also got me 2 rosebushes...I love them!! That trip was $150. We came home and he mowed the lawn before we headed out to a wedding. Sunday morning, he resumed the gardening while I was at a bridal shower. I came home and the 12 bags of mulch were laid...STILL not enough. OMFG!!! BACK to Home Depot!! We got 10 more bags of mulch...and a bunch of other flowers and stuff because they were just so pretty! That ended up being over $200! So...my mom's nice gesture ended up costing us $400...good thing we got our stimulus check!!! Poor Steven has been resting and playing video games. This weekend ended up being a record setter for hot days. He was working in our yard in 90+ degree weather for 3 days...all for his dear ole' wife! What a trooper!!

If you can, please say a prayer for my friend, Jess. Her beautiful baby girl, Jenna Faith, was born 11 days ago and is suffering from seizures. So far the cause is unknown and they will not know anything until further testing can be done.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog so I could find you again! :) I am very curious after reading your blog to see if you went to cincinnati for your IVF since you mentioned Dr's A and S. Email me. laurenleigh77@hotmail.com

s.e. said...

Can I borrow your husband for my yard? Hope you feel better soon!

HereWeGoAJen said...

But your yard will be so beautiful and it will all be worth it!

I am praying for Jenna Faith.

Lauren said...

Tag you're it.....check out my blog to see what I'm talking about!

Morrisa said...

I'm sorry you are feeling yucky, me too! It was VERY hot this weekend! I always over estimate what I will need for gardening and then end up with a lot of extra stuff!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Don't you love how these home improvement projects just keep getting bigger and more expensive?

I am sending my prayers for Jenna.

sara said...

Sounds like you guys could do an add for Home Depot :-) I'm glad things are going well, and I'll keep you friend in my thoughts.